Monday, September 26, 2011

Healing In Heaven

Dearest Friends and Family, not the final post I ever wanted to write to this blog. My sweet sister passed away early Saturday morning, after an amazing and courageous battle with complications from the fungal infection. No more pain, no more suffering, just sweet peace is hers now as she has the ultimate dance with Jesus.

Many have said that she has left a legacy, but that is only partially true.... She LIVED her legacy first during every day of this long journey. Every setback and every victory she handled with grace. Never a complaint.

I can remember a couple years ago when my sister said she dreamed of the day of reporting that there was no cancer. At that time her chemo and allo stem cell transplant were not successful, and she SO longed for this dream. God gave her that miracle, and I witnessed her joy as she was able to share again and again of these things that God did in her life. What a miracle she will ALWAYS be!!!

Please remember her own words that she wrote on this blog a couple years ago, expressing her own peace that no matter what, everything would be fine and she would be healed...

"In our college chapel, I used to sit and look around at the beautiful and enormous stained glass windows. I like to believe that is what my life is like. While I sometimes see just one speck of it...perhaps one color that is not even that attractive by itself...Jesus knows there is so much more than that. He sees it all... the magnificent beauty and wholeness that He longs for me to experience. Friends, whether on this earth or in heaven....I know I will be healed. I would like for it to be here...but no one can take that truth away from me. I love it....I love knowing that even when I feel a rug of hope has been pulled out from under me, Jesus is still holding me."

You are so right, Sweet Sister, you did receive your healing and Jesus is holding you now. We will forever hold in our hearts our every blessed memory of you...your smile, your beauty, your grace. We are all challenged to live better lives because of you. We will carry you with us in our hearts always. Three sisters we will always be. Love you FOREVER.

11 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Melissa's passing. I've been following this blog and praying for her since 2009. I lost my mom to cancer (after a 15 year battle) when I was 17. I'll be praying for your family as you journey through your loss.

Sonya said...

I just met Melissa once, at her wedding, but have got a sense of her spirit by reading this blog. I went to India on Youth in Mission with Doug and another team member and I would both like to send him a card. Could you e-mail me their family's address? my e-mail is sonyamounts at gmail dot com.

StacyandChad said...

What a beautiful testimony of your sister and the race she ran! Praying for the entire family in the days to come!

Caddisfly Chronicle said...

I never knew Missy personally but only through Emily Moore. She often was on my heart as I prayed for her. Now I pray for you and for your sweet family that the peace that passes all understanding will comfort your hearts. Missy is not dancing in the rain... but running with the angels and her Heavenly Father!

Charlene said...

Jen & Michelle--This song has whole new meaning for me. Knowing I will see her again is the only comfort I feel tonight. I love her, and I love both of you!

kerri said...

I wanted to share this with you today. These are words a dear friend of ours wrote when his cancer was unresponsive to treatment. Today he is dancing with Melissa in Heaven...

There is hope in the midst of hopelessness. Death is not where we lose; the onset of hopelessness is the great defeater. So allow hope to rise up within you. And when it seems that hopefulness is the least appropriate response in this situation, let it rise up even more. Whisper your hope when you lie down at night; scream your hope when you wake in the morning. Live your hope as if it is the one and only thing that sustains you in this ravaged world. You will not be disappointed.

Love to all of you,
Kerri Stetler

Damaris Zepeda said...

I met Melissa in 1996, she went on a mission trip to Nicaragua, and I was the interpretor for the team of students from Mount Vernon. I had the honor to meet her sweet personality, and beautiful smile. One thing I remember of that time was one afternoon, at the parsonage (and my home too), she was putting some red nail polish and said with excitement and : "this makes me feel like a real woman", there where other students, and we all laugh, she was so honest, innocent, and with a pure heart. She also touched other teens lives, eventhough she didn't speak the language, she always had a smile on her face and was ready to give a hug to the kids and teens that tried to talk to her. Her time in Nicaragua was for me a testimony of what friedship is. One year later we met in Ohio, at Mount Vernon University, and I met her sisters, Michelle and Jennifer. I had a great time with them. Times flies, but when you have a special bond with someone nothing can brake it. 25 years have passed since I met her, and eventhough we didn't talk in a several years, when we met again online, it was like we time never passed. I am so glad I was able to hear her sweet voice one more time last year. I really miss her, and she will always have a very special place in my heart. And for the family, just want to say, that I really understand what you are going through. My father died when I was just 10 years old, and we were very close, he was like my best friend. He died of cancer too. And I didn't knew what was going on until one week before he passed away. This just reminded me all that, she was a fighter, a great example, and a living testimony that no matter what, trusting God is what give peace in the middle of the storm, and dance in the rain.

Jenn said...

I did not know Melissa, though I did graduate with her brother in law, Mike. Many of my friends from church knew her from when she attended Meadowbrook. One of those friends linked this blog on her Facebook page and I spent a good chunk of yesterday reading it.
Last night at our young married couples Bible study we were discussing the second chapter of the book Crazy Love and this blog came to mind. Missy left a legacy through this blog thanks to the help of her sisters. A legacy I would love to leave also-one that shows the light of Jesus in a dark world.

Thanks to Jenn and Michelle for creating this blog. It truly is a blessing. I will pray for Doug, Caleb, Lauren and Audrey as they go on without the wonderful wife and mother they lost way too soon. I will pray for Jenn and Michelle as they endure the loss of a sister.

God bless you all.

glenda regan said...

Juicy Couture Sales juicy couture Tracksuit Juicy Couture Sandals Juicy Couture Earrings Juicy Couture Flip Flops Juicy Couture Bracelets Juicy Couture Purse Juicy Couture Swimwear Juicy Couture T-Shirt Juicy Couture Sunglass
Juicy Couture Watch Juicy Couture Necklace Dsquared Men Dsquared Shoes Dsquared Belt Dsquared Cap Dsquared Hoodies Dsquared Jeans Dsquared Suit Dsquared Sport Pants Dsquared Shirt Dsquared Polo
Dsquared T-shirt Dsquared Swimwear Dsquared Shorts Dsquared Trunks Dsquared Jacket Tommy Hilfiger Men

a19d5bf8-a601-11e1-9b6e-000bcdcb8a73 said...

I just read this - for the first time.

You are amazing.

Your Sister is an inspiration.

Saeed Zia said...

Jobs at your Home, Internet Online Jobs like data entry, copy pasting, Form Filling, Facebook Sharing Jobs, Clicking Jobs, Web Surfing, Google Jobs and Much More Earning Systems Online
www.jobzcorner.com