Saturday, July 24, 2010

Six Month Scan

It doesn't seem possible that is has been six months since my transplant. In some ways, the time has passed quickly, while sometimes I feel like much more than six months separates me from the day in January that has potentially saved my life. There have been several times lately that a revelation of some sort has swept over my mind and gripped at my heart, or even perhaps a song I have heard that has made me want to sit down and share with you on the blog. However, I have other little things in my life that I give priority to when I do have a good amount of energy; namely, Caleb, Lauren, and Audrey. :) After tucking them into bed at night, that is about all I want to do at that point, too! Each of these thoughts, revelations, and songs are tucked deep into my heart, so that one day soon I may share some of them with you.

For now, I would like to ask you to surround me in prayer once again as I will have my six month follow-up scan this Tuesday, July 27th. I will arrive at 9:45 and the scan will begin around 10:30. I hope to know the results within the next two to three days after that. I have been continuing to feel better. I am so thankful that the ulcers I had in my mouth have all healed, which is definitely helpful when it comes to trying to eat. Still sifting through what sounds good and what doesn't, but that is all part of this long recovery process. I am trusting God to once again show Himself in a very personal way to me and to the world around me through these days, and specifically the scan and results. His peace continues to carry me.

I want to praise Him for His amazing love, grace, and mercy. I want to be a reflection of all the mighty ways He has shown Himself to me....Iwant to be the hands and feet of Jesus to the world that so many of you have been to me. I love you!

Melissa

3 comments:

Darren Moses said...

You are one AMAZING woman, Melissa! As we have followed and prayed and cried during your journey, we are both completely inspired by your faith in our loving Savior. Thank you & your family for your unwavering belief that the One who knows us best loves us most!

We love you!
Darren & Melissa

p.s. -- "God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes ~ GREAT song for you to sit and snuggle with your honey!

Christa said...

So thankful for your faith, and for sharing your journey on here. I have read your blog for about a year now, and your words always bless and encourage my heart! Praying for your scan today:)

--Christa Fisher

Shaimaa Rezk said...

nice work
for more details about me visit the following blog and web site
http://www.smartjobs1.blogspot.com
http://sindbadtravels.zxq.net