Monday, May 10, 2010

Sweet Peace

Knowing that my PET scan was quickly approaching, I have spent a lot of time praying to be filled again with His sweet peace. He brought it to me in the beginning of this journey, and He has sustained me with it ever since. For over two years now I have relied on that peace and His strength to carry me, and my entire family, through this time. So, once again I was begging Him for renewed peace. No matter what the scan results show us, I know that I wanted to continue trusting Him.

I was filled with a special peace today. My appointments went well, and the scan went smoothly without overwhelming butterflies. I knew He was with me...right beside me while I sat, and carrying me as I walked. My sweet friends....you rallied,and He answered! Praise the Lord!!!!! For the first time after having a PET scan, we have received wonderful news! (And we've never received them on the same day!) The results are so hopeful and encouraging. I realize that I am not totally in the clear....but I believe this to be evidence of the miracle the Lord is working. I know much of the terminology will be confusing, but I thought it would be best for me to cut and paste what the actual report stated. I really like point 3. Oh, there is power in prayer....thank you, Lord! My heart is overwhelmed with praise to Him.

My next appointment is Monday...yes, I have been "promoted" from three appointments a week to two, and now down to one! I will let you know any more details that I learn. I know I still have a long road ahead of me, but I will give Him all the glory for this moment...for this wonderful news....and for the continuing work of a miracle.

The report stated:
1. Stable size and relative metabolism of right apical nodule and right anterior mediastinal mass, which are mildly metabolic, but not more so than the blood pool. These are favored to represent
postinflammatory changes after treatment.

2. Stable size of left lower lobe nodule measuring 7 mm, without increased metabolic activity. This may also represent treated disease or an unrelated infectious or inflammatory process.

3. No convincing evidence of recurrent or metastatic disease within the neck, chest, abdomen or pelvis.



Thank you Jesus for answering prayer and for your sweet peace!

I love you,
Melissa

17 comments:

michelle said...

thank you, lord!!! praise him for this moment.....for you.....for this sweet answer to prayer. i could not love you any more than i do now!!!

Amanda said...

Praise the Lord I am so happy for you guys. I knew that God had great plans for all of this. I miss you guys so much the picture of you and the kids is great. So I am now a graduate of Asbury and I guess I am ready for the real world. I still am unsure as to what I am going to be doing this summer and next year. but I will le you know as soon as I know. I love you so much

FrancisMoore said...

Praise God! Francis from First Church

Jess said...

Praising the Lord with you! Continued prayers!!

Greg McDonald said...

"Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you."
Psalm 116:7. Am praising with you!
Love you!!

Carl and Lois said...

There is no more precious gift than the inner peace God gives. It truly is beyond understanding.

We are praising God along with you for this wonderful and encouraging news!

Love to each of you!!

Derek and Debbie said...

So thankful for the peace that passeth all understanding and fast, encouraging results to your test. God is so Good and I know he is working a miracle in and through you. God bless your whole family. Thankful for once a week visits also. Continuing to pray and praise. Love you!

StacyandChad said...

Praising the Lord with you! That's wonderful news! Continued prayers for you!

Pascal said...

Missy, this is really great news.
Thanks for sharing this answer to prayer...God is faithful indeed.

James said...

Melissa, We are praising God for answered prayers. Waiting and expecting more good news to come! James, Kelly, Halle, Judah and Phin

Pamela said...

I am a church friend of Jenn and Mike. My family and I have been praying for you for a long time, but, I have to say, that this time I had an especially strong burden to pray for you that has not let up! I will continue to battle in prayer for you!

Darren Moses said...

GOD IS GOOD!! ALL THE TIME!!
We are praising God with you, Melissa & Doug! We love you and are thankful for the good report.
Love you all.

SentimentsbyDenise said...

God is so amazing!
Thanks be to Him for this incredible answer to prayer!

JC said...

Praise the lord for his continued blessings that are made evident in your walk through this trying time. You will, through him, BE VICTORIOUS!

michael said...

You are an amazing women. I cannot tell you how much I wish I were there right now to give you the worlds biggest hug. God has blessed all of us to allow us to be a part of your life and to share with you in this journey. I know every time I talk with you or hear things through Jenn I am amazed at how your faith in God has not waivered. You are an inspiration to me and tons of others. Thank you God for what you have done, are doing and will be doing for my amazing sister-in-law. I love you more than I could possible tell you.

Jessie said...

AWESOME

Amy said...

What wonderful news, Melissa! We have been praying for this peace for such a long time now. My 4 year old Anna and I lift up your family in prayer nightly and if I say Amen without praying for you she reminds me to pray again for my friend Melissa:) God is so good!
With love, Amy (& Anna) Mahaffey