Sunday, November 29, 2009

Counting on God

After spending Thanksgiving day with my parents and grandma in Fishers, we were able to travel to Doug's family in northwest Ohio for the weekend.  We have had a great time visiting with everyone, and the kids LOVE being able to play with their cousins.  I'm so thankful for the wonderfully loving and supportive families that we have.

This morning at Doug's home church (Defiance Church of the Nazarene), we sang a song that I have never heard before.  I love it!  I even heard Caleb say to Grandma Rex in the kitchen this afternoon, "Hey, I really liked that song "Counting on God" that we sang in church.  This warmed my heart!  Whether it was the words that he understood or the catchy tune it has, it made me so happy that he liked the song that much.  I wanted to share it with you.  I love the words....it is perfect for me, and I hope you find it true in your life, too.  My favorite line is "the miracle of Christ in me is the mystery that sets me free."  I wish I was a songwriter!  Love it, love it, love it.  I AM COUNTING ON GOD!

(As soon as I know any more details of what step we take next in treatment, I will let you know.)

Please turn your volume on and enjoy the song!  Here are the words.

I'm in a fight not physical
And I'm in a war 
But not with this world
You are the light that's beautiful
And I want more
I want all that's Yours

Joy unspeakable that won't go away
And just enough strength 
To live for today
So I never have to worry
What tomorrow will bring
'Cause my faith is on solid rock
I am counting on God

I am counting on
I am counting on God
I am counting on
I am counting on God

The miracle of Christ in me
Is the mystery that sets me free
I'm nothing like I used to be
Open up your eyes and you'll see

(by Desperation Band)




5 comments:

Jenn said...

Miss, I LOVE this song! I've never heard it before, but it does sound like it was written just for you...every word, then placed just for you in today's service in Defiance!! Joy unspeakable that won't go away....love it. And love YOU even more, Sis!!!

Sara said...

We sang this song at my sister's church this morning and I was just thinking how the words weren't meant for me today. Maybe we were singing it at the same time enjoying God speak to us both in different ways! :) Love it. And I'm sooooo excited about your good news from the doctor! I can't wait to tell the kids! (Maybe there was some snake venom in that chemo!) ha

Sara said...

I meant to say the words WERE meant for me. oops :)

Dea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dea said...

Hello,
As I was logging into my mvnu email account i saw that they had the link up to your blog and i wanted to come by and leave a comment saying that your story was very touching and i hope that your able to find a match. Now I am afraid of needles and usually dont sign up for things that involve such things, but I joined be the match after they told us your story in chapel in hopes that i might be able to help you. Thank you for sharing your story, it inspired me to reach out and try to help others!
God Bless,
Dea