Thursday, September 24, 2009

Waiting to hear....

Doug and I returned safely yesterday evening from New York City. Although I wish our trip was under different circumstances, I am so grateful for the time that we were able to spend there. It was refreshing to have three days alone with my husband. He is such an amazing person....my best friend....and my rock.

I didn't post anything sooner because we are actually still waiting to hear the final word from my NY doctor. As of yesterday afternoon, she was still in the midst of a more detailed review of my latest PET scan, as well an echocardiogram that was done yesterday morning before we left. The echo will tell us if my heart has been affected or not from the previous rounds of chemo. Dependent upon these results, we may begin further treatment soon.....in New York City. Yes, that is correct. The thought of carrying out treatment in a city so far away from my home and my family has taken my breath away and caused many tears in the last two days. However, I may have received what I have prayed for: someone who is willing to try something else with me....someone who knows I am not done with this battle.

It is a lot to digest....I still haven't yet. I was expecting to hear from her office today, but unfortunately I did not. I am now just hoping and praying the echo is not showing any results that would keep me from further treatment. The thought of that is scarier than being so far away from home for my treatments. I don't know very many details yet. I will fill you in on so much more after I hear from them tomorrow. I am just praying that the Lord will give me more peace than ever before....we are trusting Him. As hard as this temporary "relocation" for me would be....it could just be what I need at this time.

I wanted to share a picture of my handsome husband and me just before we saw the Lion King on Broadway. Wow....that was amazing. Thank you, Doug, for that special gift!

More details to follow soon!

Much love,

Melissa

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, look at you too... you are SUCH a beautiful couple!! I love you both so much!!! I'll be praying for peace to fill you both while you continue to be led in what to do...

And DEFINITE hubby points to Douglas for suggesting a Broadway show while in NYC! :)

Jocelyn said...

You guys have been on our minds and in our prayers more the last few days.

What a great picture. You guys look great! Makes me miss you even more.

Sara said...

awwww! I just want to jumpe through this picture and give you two a big hug and trophy for being such a cute couple! :)

Harpels said...

We love you both. Glad you guys got to see a show while you where there. Praying God patience and peace..

Kelly said...

Thanks for posting an update Miss. Still praying for you and for your results . . .

And tell Doug I said, "You da man"!
LOVE--

Pamela said...

First, Melissa, let me just say that you two look great! Next, let me say that I have been praying for you...very often. I keep hoping that someone will call me and say I am a match! If not me, then someone! It would be such an honor to help you! Will check again soon to read what the doctor tells you! Love to you, Doug, and your beautiful children!

Katrina said...

Praying for good news, peace, healing, and comfort! =)

michelle said...

ohhh.....i love the picture!!! and, i love the dress!!! something new?? hhmmmm. you two are such a beautiful couple. glad you got to enjoy a little broadway while you were there.

love you, miss!!! you are an amazing warrior and we are each in this battle with you every step of the way. don't ever forget that. i carry you in my heart every minute of every day. i love you!!! praying, praying, praying.....

Kristi said...

What a great picture of the two of you! Didn't you love The Lion King? Chad and I saw it in Columbus this past spring. Praying for you all. Much love.