Thursday, August 13, 2009

Caleb's First Day of Kindergarten


I can't believe this day is here! I remember his arrival into this world so clearly. I remember holding him and looking at his perfect little face and thinking...so you're the little boy I've fallen in love with over the past nine months!

Caleb is such a joy and source of happiness for us. He is a wonderful big brother to Lauren and Audrey (with a few exceptions here and there). He has been so extremely excited to begin school. He's had a little extra pep in his step as the day has approached. He and Daddy went shopping for school supplies together last week, and also purchased some needed clothes and shoes for the school year. He is growing like a weed! He was such a chubby baby...he had rolls everywhere! I loved it. His little feet were so chunky and puffy, they looked like they may pop! All of that to say, he is getting tall and is very lean. I affectionately call him a green bean! As much as I dreaded sending him to school, I love seeing his enthusiasm about it. He is just growing up so fast! He will always be my baby boy.

I will end for now before I become too teary to see the page! The pictures will speak for themselves. They were all taken Wednesday, the first day of his afternoon Kindergarten. I take him to school, and then he rides the bus home. (Which is so cute, because the school is basically a hop, skip, and a jump
away from our house!) The bus ride may be the highlight of his little life.

Caleb James....we love you even more today than the first day we held you in our arms! Happy First Day of Kindergarten!















10 comments:

Kristi said...

What a sweet post Melissa! I'm a little teary eyed too. I remember those chubby legs! :) No chub now. Glad Caleb was looking forward to kindergarten and looks like he had a good time. Cute pictures. Take care.

greg mcdonald said...

Kristen told me I needed to check your blog today...brings back memories of sending my two to kindergarten and wondering where did the time go? Such a cutie, as all three of them are. Glad he's off to a good start, and how good God has been for you to have your strength back to be the taxi driver! Cherish every moment because the years certainly don't slow down! Love you! Charlene

michelle said...

the tears are flowing.....you need to post a warning to all the readers before viewing this particular blog. i remember the day he was born. our first baby among the three of us girls. he just seemed so perfect. and, oh, the chubbiness that soon followed. so, so cute. rolls and rolls. hard to believe that now. he has brought all of us so much joy and delight. beautiful boy and a beutiful momma. i love you both beyond what could ever be expressed in words!!!

Jenn said...

I LOVE all the pics, Miss, from start to finish that tell the story of his first day of school. He looks like such a proud student! :) You are such an awesome Mom! It's my goal to get to be even half the Mommy that you are! I love you, Sis!!!

Jessie said...

So Precious!

Derek and Debbie said...

We are so proud of Caleb. It is hard to send your first child off to school. I remember with Ryan. Caleb will do great. God bless you all! We love you very much!

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

Melissa,

This is such a wonderful post of your son! Selfishly, it makes me think of my own son Caleb, when he started K-garten. Now my son is in 8th grade and God has led him from a Christian school to a public school middle school where God is using him to be the light in darkness. When my son Caleb was your son Caleb'e age, my husband had just finished his Internal Medicine/Pediatric residency (not as intense as your husband's residency) so I guess we were just about a year ahead of where you guys are, age-wise. Keep posting pictures of your kids, they are beautiful! I am praying for your son Caleb as he starts K-garten. If you are like me, there are a mix of emotions, but it is all good as they grow up and grow in the Lord! Thanks for sharing your lives on your blog!

I continue to lift you up and believe God is going to give you complete healing Melissa! You are beautiful and I enjoy reading how your lives glorify God! Standing with you!

Your sister-in-Christ!
Wendy

Cramer said...

This brings back memories from just last year! I remember Jacob being so brave to walk in by himself and then I pulled away with tears running down my face. It's so hard to believe how time flies....take care and he'll have so much fun. (Jacob's favorite part of the day was "chasing the girls at recess"....)

The Camerons said...

I remember that day with Brady, such a hard day. Cried off and on the whole day! Now he's in 2nd grade and I am now longer "allowed" to walk him to class that first day of school. :(

James said...

My little nephew is growing up!! I miss you guys soo much. I'm also so typing with tears in my eyes. Mr. Caleb I'm sure loves it, I can already tell.
Love you!
Uncle James