Sunday, June 7, 2009

Important Dates

This Wednesday, June 10th, my sister is having her biopsy on the main mass. The sample will be sent to her new doctor at Sloan-Kettering in NYC. They are checking to see if it is definitely the same exact type of lymphoma as the rest of the spots. I imagine it would be a good thing if they could discover a difference. That way, this tumor could possibly be treatable through other means not tried yet.

Her new chemo regimen is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, June 16th. I believe this is the EPOCH chemotherapy. She will be hospitalized during that week at her hospital there in Indy.

We would appreciate your prayers about these events!!!

6 comments:

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

I am praying for you Melissa! Trusting God to heal you and use the new biopsy results and new chemo treatments. I continue to lift up your whole family to God! I cannot even imagine how difficult a road this is, yet I am praying that you feel God holding you in the palms of his hands!

comfortfromtheheart said...

Melissa,how we miss seeing you, Doug, and the children. I pray for God to give you physical strength for the days ahead, and peace in the midst of all this. Hope to see you soon!

Joni Loyd said...

I am prying for you and your family as you go through this next phase. Praying for wisdom and discernment for your new doctor. God is doing a new thing and I am believing that He will heal your body completely. Blessings,

Joni Hains Loyd

greg mcdonald said...

Missy--

Still praying and interceding for you, Doug, and the children. I have no doubt He will carry all of you through this time and bring glory to His name! I love you!

Charlene

FrancisMoore said...

I am glad that there are still options open to you, Melissa. Thanks for the update. I call your name to God every day, and I know He is faithful. Francis Moore First Church

bre said...

Melissa,
I am praying for you. Our God is bigger than this cancer, bigger than your despair and He reminds us again and again to fear not. Lifting you up in prayer.. to a mighty and powerful God who still releases miracles in His time. I don't know why you are on this journey, I wish you weren't, but I am praying for a miracle for you.
God's Peace and Blessings to all of your loved ones,
Bre