Monday, May 4, 2009

Three Month Scan

It does not even seem possible that I will be having my three month scan this Thursday morning. Three months...wow! Although my time in the hospital seemed like some of the longest days of my life, the time that I have been home since the transplant has gone by so quickly! I do have three little blessings to keep me pretty busy. Caleb, Lauren, and Audrey have been the best motivators in the world! I've always said they are my rainbow in this storm.

Over the last several weeks I have felt really good. I am so grateful for the energy and strength that the Lord brings me. I am very eager to have the scan on Thursday. I will arrive at the hospital at 8:50, and the scan will follow shortly thereafter. Please pray for continued peace while we anticipate the scan and also as we wait for the results. Over the last few weeks, I've felt so helpless at times. I am so grateful for the blessing of my family, and the opportunity to live a fulfilling and very happy life whether in the valleys or on the mountaintops. It is difficult though to wait. Whether it is CAT scans or visits to the doctor, I know I will live the rest of my life holding my breath to hear the calming words of relief. I know this means one thing...I will rely on my precious Lord even more for that amazing peace that can only come from Him.

I see life differently now. I wish I had never been diagnosed with cancer. Yet at the same time, I am grateful for the way my eyes have been re-opened....to His grace and mercy, to His sustaining peace, and to the beautiful blessing of the unconditional support of my family and friends. It's almost too personal to even explain. Even without knowing the results of the scan or what lies ahead in the future, I feel I have been given a second chance at life. The chance to rearrange my priorities...to hold my children a little tighter, to kiss them a little more often, to appreciate everything my husband does for our family, to recognize opportunities that God gives me to encourage others walking this same journey...to continue learning and growing from this experience for the rest of my life! However, whenever, whatever, whoever....I am willing to share my story.

I love the song that is playing....I have never heard it before tonight, but He truly is the Keeper of My Heart!

Thank you for blessing me with your love and prayers!
Melissa

12 comments:

michelle said...

i love you.....you are more beautiful to me than words could ever express!!!

Sara said...

Every time I read what you write, I tear up. Not just because of the cancer you have had to endure but because your heart is just so stinking beautiful! You bless so many people (me included) with your words and spirit. I love to hear what God is doing in your life and there's no doubt in my mind you are one of the most incredible people I've ever had the honor to call "friend." I'm praying for you and miss you!

Joni Loyd said...

Melissa, Thanks for sharing so openly with us...what a blessing your story continues to be to all of us following...may we all cherish the day we have been promised...today and leave tomorrow in His hands. I will be praying for Thursday and expecting a miracle of no cancer.

Joni

greg mcdonald said...

I have been wanting to call to find out when the scan is but didn't want to "remind" you (as if you needed to be!) of that date. As always, you have been in my thoughts and prayers not just for the upcoming scan but for complete healing and also to recapture time with Doug and the children that was put on hold while you were in the hospital. What an inspiration you are, Missy! God is smiling down upon you and He is continuing to be at work in your life! You will be covered in prayer on Thursday--and how good that God would allow that also to be the National Day of Prayer! Love the song...thanks for sharing! Love you! Charlene

Katrina said...

praying for your scan! =)

The Burgess Family said...

Praying for you and your apt tomorrow!!!

Amy said...

Praying for your scan and appt. tomorrow. Your words are so beautiful and so encouraging to so many! Love, Amy, David & Courtlyn

Jenn said...

I love you SO MUCH, Little Miss! We are all praying for you here,and are anticipating your good results! Soooo proud of you...

FrancisMoore said...

Melissa, I pray that your appointment and test will go smoothly tomorrow. God is with you every step of the way on this journey called "life". Francis Moore from First Church

Andy and Wendy Ingram said...

I am praying for you right now Melissa! Even though we don't know each other personally, God brings you to my mind and heart! So am lifting you up today to our Father! Praying for continued healing for you!
Wendy Ingram
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Melody Culver said...

Melissa, so wonderful to see you Sunday. You look wonderful. Your children are so precious and I know your husband is sticking right by your side. What blessings. Today when I went to the hospital to get a blood transfusion the lady helping me had 3 children your childrens ages...she said she was divorced. My heart started hurting for her...what could have caused a divorce when she had a one year old? This cancer is terrible, but the love of our husbands, children, family and friends is like God wrapping His arms around us. Melissa, it is 2am in the morning on Friday. My prayer for you yesterday and today is that God removes the cancer and you can continue your life...knowing something most people can't grasp...that is how very sweet and fragile this life really is. I love you Melissa...I am praising God right now for His healing touch on your life. Praise His Name! Love, Melody from 1st church

Pascal said...

Richmond First
Missy, I know you are anxiously awaiting your latest results.

Just wanted you to know that we at
Richmond First are praying for a great result.

Really good to see you at Church a few weeks ago..you looked really great.

The children had grown soo much...I understand why you are so crazy about them.

Love you,

Pascal and Dorothy