Friday, May 8, 2009

CAT scan results

I received a call from my nurse this morning. It's not the greatest news, but I keep telling myself it could be worse. The main mass has grown .9 centimeters. The rest of the areas have remained the same (so while there is no shrinking....they have not grown either). I always try to prepare myself for news like this, but yet I also can't help but think of the possibility of my cancer shrinking or even disappearing. Although I wish the results were different, I can assure you that somehow there is still joy and peace in my heart. I would love to show and tell the world my story after complete healing, but perhaps the bigger impact comes even in the midst of the storm and less than desirable news. God works in mysterious ways, right?

Our appointment with the oncologist is Monday at 1:45 p.m. Please be praying that we would know what direction we are to take next...and just for peace and rest in the meantime. My God is still faithful....He will continue to carry us and make us stronger through this time.

I was blessed to spend the afternoon with one of the sweetest friends in the world. (Thanks Melissa!) She and her son came over for the afternoon so the kids could play and we could talk. Talk about great timing...we had this day planned not knowing what the results would be. The Lord knew just what I needed to lift my spirits and heart!

I will update after Monday with decisions that are made in terms of treatment. I thank you for being a part of my life!

Much love,
Melissa

8 comments:

Heather said...

We are lifting you up ...

Jenn said...

Miss, have I mentioned that I could not be more proud of you?? You have always been my younger sister that I have always looked up to, and still do. I am still believing that God can bring healing to you, and will pray for Him to direct the doctors. LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooklyn Lindsey said...

Melissa,
It has been such a long time. I can't believe I'm catching up with you this way on your blog but I have to tell you that we are praying for you, that I love you friend.

Brook (Alvis) Lindsey

Melody Culver said...

Melissa, I understand your desire and faith for a complete healing touch on your life. I pray that your cancer will completely disappear. I was just looking at a picture of me taken last May with my daughter. It is out on my fb. My prayer is that I would get myself back...and yet I am never going to be the same. This journey has changed me forever. I know your journey has changed you forever. "Dear God, hear my prayer I pray. Please Lord, come and touch our lives and allow us to raise our children. Take away our fears and help us to live on day at a time. May we see the tiny things in live and understand how huge they are. May we be better wives and mothers. May we share our stories with all those who we come into contact with. May we Lord bring others to you because of the wisdom we have gained in understanding how fragile this live is. We love you Lord. We need you Lord. We are depending on you Lord. We completely trust you Lord. Thank you for the beautiful spirit Melissa has. Wrap your arms around her and may she have the best Mother's Day ever! All my love, Melody PS we are going to my mother-in-law's church in the morning so I won't get to hug you. I am sending my hug right now!

Cameron said...

Melissa,

I continue to lift you up in prayer. You have not left our thoughts once during your journey. You are right, the bigger impact comes even in the midst of the storm. You have made an impact a long time ago, my friend. You have on me, someone you do not even know. Which tells me that you make a gigantic impact on those who know and love you in "real" time. Will keep you in my thoughts on Monday.

Enjoy those beautiful children today and Happy Mother's Day!

Mary
in WV.

Mark said...

Melissa,
Praying for you today (especially after Jenn B. and I both got teary talking this morning at church about your latest news). Your faith and strength amaze me. Your courage inspires many. Your trust makes God proud of your unwavering commitment to Him...
Happy Mother's Day to a mother of three beautiful children. You are truly blessed.
Hope Labutis

kerri said...

Happy Mother's Day, Melissa.
Praying for you tonight.
Kerri Stetler

Amy said...

Praying for you and for your dr's appt today that their direction will be the right one. You are absolutely amazing Missy! Always looking for the brighter side of life and teaching me a much needed lesson. You are such a strong person and only God knows why you are on this journey, but I pray this this storm will end soon for you and that the doctors will be able to find the right treatment to kick this cancer's booty. :) Lots of love and prayers always!!!!
Amy, David & Courtlyn Hoover