Monday, February 23, 2009

A Glimpse of the Hospital Stay

Her last night in the hospital was spent in the cancer center,
which is a brand new area of the hospital. This was a particularly fun night,
because after dropping the kids off at my parents' house in Kentucky, I returned to Indy to stay with her that night too. It was supposed to be a surprise, but being the smartcookie that she is....she knew I was on my way back to the hospital.

This was always displayed on the bookcase in her room.
Because of the bacteria, she could not have real flowers in her room.
So mom and I hung up these cards near her bed.
Not as good as real, but close...
The cute faces of her children were always right where she could see them.

This is the calendar that showed her counts each day.
We daily anticipated how much her immunity would improve!

This shows the big jump to her white count that thrilled us!

The hospital has a cool little bistro that I visited during my stay with Missy.
In fact, Missy and I both loved their tuna wraps!

No comments: