Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Update...and Her Words

Sorry I have not updated more. Miss now has the laptop with her at the hospital, so I am doing a library stop while my parents have the kids.

She made it through Day 1 of the chemo on Wednesday with the expected side effects. She was pretty sick, it sounds, most of that day. There was no chemo yesterday. Today she picks back up with the next chemo medicine. I spoke with her just for a minute today, and she's good, but not feeling the greatest... so we did not talk long.

Doug has visited with Miss a few times this week, and my parents were able to stop by to see her yesterday. While there were there, their pastor stopped by too. Somewhere in their converstation, the pastor asked Missy what she has been learning through all this. This was her response:

"I am definitely closer to the Lord now...closer than I've ever been. I can honestly say that God has been carrying me since the beginning of all this. And I trust Him, no matter what, I trust Him."

Oh, none of us can say it enough...we are SO proud of her. I know that's how each of you out there who are friends with her feels too. Sometimes people have the misconception that Christianity is the geenie in the bottle type deal. You rub the bottle, make your wish, and it's granted always. But Missy's attitude through all this is definitely living proof of true faith... a true relationship with our Heavenly Father. Even when you're riding some waves, and each answer doesn't come exactly as we wish, our God is the same God...still carrying us through it all. She has inspired me so much, and I can honestly say that my spirit and my faith has too been strengthened just from being with her. I can't thank God enough for the blessing that she is!

2 comments:

3 Twisted Sisters said...

Thanks so much for the updates!!! It's so upsetting to hear that Melissa isn't feeling well, but as expected she just rises above everything thrown at her!!!

Jen McElroy

kerri said...

Praying for you tonight, Melissa.
Kerri Stetler