Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I just wanted to let all of you dear friends and family know that I am recovering well after my surgery on Friday. The procedure went as planned, and we are waiting for results. I was able to come home Sunday afternoon. I definitely had some very uncomfortable moments the first day following surgery, but praise the Lord....He saw me through as I knew He would. I am being taken care of very well, as you can imagine between my husband and sister. My brother-in-law, Mike, has been such a huge help too! I am so thankful to have yet another hurdle behind me. I am so thankful for the peace that fills my heart as we wait....yet again.
I have received some very encouraging cards notes from many of you. Please don't ever underestimate what this means! I love getting mail....I love opening Christmas cards....I love being reminded that you have my family on your hearts and in your prayers. What a blessing!
I hope each of you have a wonderful Christmas. I am surrounded by a beautiful Christmas tree full of sparkling lights, holiday decorations, homemade goodies, my beautiful children (who are sprinkling reindeer food outside our house right now), and amazing family...and best of all, the love of a Savior who came into this world to save my life. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you, God for sending your only Son into this world...for me (and for all of YOU!).
I love you,
Melissa

5 comments:

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Melissa - just thinking about you today and appreciate the update on your blog. Thursday is my special prayer day for you - so tomorrow on Christmas I will be interceding on your behalf to our Lord.
May you have a blessed and restful Christmas day!

Rhett and Dora said...

We love you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas Day! Keep sharing that beautiful smile.
Love,
The Lohmans

Aspiemom said...

Glad to hear that you are home.

I remember when my son would sprinkle reindeer food outside - and run out in the morning to see if it was gone. What fun!

happy gram said...

so, so praying for misdiagnosis. but trying to "hope differently"....hoping in what He wants, not me! hard to do. blessings! jan

A Romantic Porch said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today. Love, Rachel