Friday, December 19, 2008

In Recovery

Melissa has been in recovery since her biopsy this morning. Doug and my mom are now getting to go back to see her. She's doing well, and the doctor said they were able to get a few samples through the biopsy this morning. It should take about a week to get results back from the biopsy. As far as I understand it, the purpose of this biopsy was to check again to see if it was a misdiagnosis, so we can pray for that! We can pray that we will find out that it is something totally different, and that would explain why the chemo was not effective.

Internet service at Doug and Miss's house is slightly tricky, so I'm actually at the library to post the update. I know that there are hundreds and hundreds of people praying and wondering right now, and we appreciate that beyond words! We will try to post again as soon as we hear anything else. Again, thanks for the prayers!

14 comments:

Kristi said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all! Hope the recovery goes well. Thanks for the cute Christmas card we got in the mail yesterday. I would love to see your smiley faces in person!!

Amy said...

Continuing to keep you in our thoughts and prayers daily. Hoping your recovery goes well! Waiting with anticipation to hear what the doctor has to say. ((((HUGS)))))
Love,
David, Amy & Courtlyn Hoover

sandersfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sandersfamily said...

Thanks for the update. I have been praying all morning and wondering how things were going.
Becky

greg mcdonald said...

Been praying extra yesterday and today and will continue to do so. So glad the surgery went well and will pray for a quick recovery, no drain tube discomfort, and a good report! Will be making arrangements to see you and Jennifer after New Years. Love you...Merry Christmas to everyone!
Greg and Charlene

Aspiemom said...

Continuing to pray!

Cara said...

To the entire family,
I am just an acquaintance who went to the Naz with Melissa and Doug. We were in the same class but I don't know if they would necessarily remember me. However, what I remember about them was that they always carried themselves with a confidence, grace and beauty that you know represented their genuine love for Jesus. Despite the curveballs, it is evident that their love for Jesus continues to shine bright. I am encouraged and strengthened by their testimony. There is a song that goes along with the "Rain" theme that I have enjoyed: Washed by the Water by Needtobreathe. Your entire family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Sincerely - Cara Miller

StacyandChad said...

Continuing to pray for you, Melissa! Praying for a good recovery and that God would give you peace while you wait for the results!

Melody Culver said...

Melissa, I woke up thinking about you. Know you are in our prayers.

Love, Melody

We're ALL adopted, Linda from Paulding said...

Doug and Melissa:

You are an inspiration to all!!!! God chose you on purpose. You are being prayed for all over.

Linda Ross from Paulding

The Burgess Family said...

still in our prayers in NC!!

steph said...

How I hope everthing goes well and you get a good report from your doctor. I am continuing to keep you in prayer daily. I also hope your recovery goes well and your pain is limited.
Love,
stephanie

Harpels said...

I just wanted to tell you that we love you. We continue to pray that God heals this from your body. Big hug to you, Doug, and the kids.

Merry Christmas!

Jessica said...

Melissa, I found your blog from Kelli Smith . . . I think about you all the time, you are in my prayers night and day.
Love, Jess (Hartzler) Stock