Thursday, December 18, 2008

Biopsy Surgery Tomorrow

I'm sorry I've failed to let you all know the exact time of the surgery. It is in fact tomorrow morning, and it is scheduled for seven-thirty. Doug and I need to be there by five-thirty. I was praying that they would not be doing a repeat of the invasive surgery I had in April. The Lord heard and answered that prayer! The surgeon will be going in through my right side, in hopes of getting good biopisies of the nodules on my lung. He will be performing a VATS (video asissted thoracoscopy surgery). This means I will be having two to three smaller incisions, rather than one large open incision. The recovery time for this is obviously much easier than my previous surgery! I will also be having a chest tube again, which was perhaps the worst part for me last time. Thankfully this will only have stay in one day (if all goes as planned). Please pray that....
--they have no issues with scar tissue that could prevent them from retrieving what they need.
--the chest tube is successful in doing what it needs to, and is able to come out soon.
--there is minimal or no post-surgery nausea, and minimal pain.

Please pray especially for my surgeon and his medical team. Pray that their hands and decisions are guided by God. And of course, let's pray and believe together that we will know definite results soon from the biopsy. Doug and I are so humbled by your love and support. Thank you to each one of you who are praying for us and taking our needs before the Lord. I, once again, have a peace in my heart. Oh dear friends, this can only come through our Heavenly Father. I am trusting, and I know He is with me.

Much love,
Melissa

9 comments:

Emilee Joy said...

I will definitely be praying for you and Doug and the kids. God bless you, Melissa.

SentimentsbyDenise said...

You are on my heart even now - I will certainly be praying tomorrow morning.

AmandaHoyt said...

You are in my prayers.
Hugs,
Amanda

Amy Lynn said...

Mike and I don't know if you remember us but we also went to MVNU and graduated in 99. You have been on our hearts since we learned of your struggles and we are praying continuously for you all. We have also shared your prayer requests through our prayer chains. We will be lifting you up tomorrow morning!

Heather said...

I am praying!!! You are being lifted in prayer, and you are loved!!!

Rach Harpel said...

I get up every morning at 5:30. So you will be on my mind and in my prayers as I hear that alarm.

Melody Culver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody Culver said...

Melissa and Doug, my heart is with you. I have been asking God for that miracle for you. God is faithful and you are right, our smiles come from His strength regardless of the storms we are facing. May you feel his peace as you enter the hospital door. May a song fill your heart. My your bright light SHINE for ALL to see. (Sorry I left out the word SHINE in my prior post!) Praise his holy name! Love, Melody

eric said...

praying this morning...
The Stetler's
HOPE