Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thank You, Lord!

The fact that I am able to be on the computer tonight, is proof that the Lord has heard and answered prayer! I came home yesterday afternoon, after another completed week of chemo. Although my care in the cancer center is extremely detailed and wonderful, it is always so nice to return home....to my own bed, my own beautiful family, just my own haven.

During the previous treatment week, we were blessed to have Doug's parents, as well as my sister Michelle stay with the children while I was gone. Couldn't have done it without them! It is just such an encouragement to me to know our children are being loved and cared for by family and friends, even despite the unwanted circumstances of mommy being away.

This week we were once again blessed by the incredible friendship of Melissa, who stayed with our three little indians Monday and Tuesday while Doug was either with me or working. Thank you...for all you did! They loved having you and Isaiah here! Our dear friends Tony and Ann then arrived late Tuesday night, and took over the fort the rest of the week. They will be here through tomorrow morning. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Then on top of all of the blessings I've briefly mentioned....we have been blessed by meals every night this week! Thank you to each one of you. I am so humbled, grateful, and in awe of the family of God. Thank you, Lord, for meeting our needs!

After learning of the nauseated transition I had when I returned home from my previous week of chemo, the doctors put together a preventative line-up of anti-nausea meds available for me. I have slept the day away, but that is so much more welcomed than how I felt last time. Thank you Lord!!! What we know right now, is that my PET scan will be Friday, December 5. My follow-up with my doctor will be December 11. I'm not sure enough yet of the game plan to follow, but please be assured I will share details as we learn them. In the mean time, we keep trusting, believing, and praying together!

WE LOVE YOU! WE NEED YOU! THANK YOU!

Melissa

7 comments:

Aspiemom said...

I'm so glad you're home and that you have such a wonderful circle of family and friends around you to help take care of the kids and support you through all of these. That's fantastic!

Hope this chemo kicks butt and doesn't make you feel lousy!

Jenn said...

So glad you're feeling okay, sis!! Praying that the chemo is surging through your body and clearing out the cancer!! Love you and we can't wait to see you!!!

Amy said...

Glad to hear you are home and have such great friends to take care of everything while you are away. Also glad to hear that you have a game plan on the anti-nauseau meds this time around so you aren't so sick. We are still praying for you daily. ((((HUGS))))

lisamichellearnold said...

i love you so much!!!!!!!!

StacyandChad said...

Trusting, believing, and praying with you! May our Heavenly Father's presence be felt by you today!

Greg McDonald said...

Woo hoo! Just what we prayed for--no nausea!! Will be praying for the PET scan.

THOROUGHLY enjoyed visiting with you. I hope we didn't tire you too much. The time went so fast!

Love you and will be in touch!

Charlene

steph said...

Missy, I am happy to hear that you are back home and with your family. You are an inspiration to me. You truely are a very special person. I have been asking Michele about you and she gave me this blog address. I have been thinking about you and praying for you. I admire all your strength and courage. I hope that you get better real soon. I also hope to see you soon. Again you blog is very inspirational to me and I'm sure to all others who read it. I also love your song list.
Love and prayers,
Stephanie from Richmond