Friday, November 14, 2008

Hold Fast

I cannot believe two weeks have passed since my last chemo treatment, and the time is almost here for me to return for round two. I am praying that the week goes as smoothly as the last time, and I hope the side effects that follow are minimal. I did have a rough time when I returned home last time, but thankfully that only lasted a couple of days. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the prayers that I know are surrounding me. God has blessed me with such wonderful friends and family. Not one day goes by that I am not reminded of the love and support that is surrounding my family.

I wanted to share with you something that blessed my heart today. As I was driving home this morning after having routine blood work done at the hospital, I decided I wanted to listen to Mercy Me. I appreciate so many of their songs....my favorite being Bring the Rain. Another song that I have grown to love is Hold Fast. As I drove in the van by myself, I turned the music up louder than usual.....I really wanted to soak it all in. I joined in and sang with Mercy Me as loud as I could. (Thankfully all windows were up!) I was just moved by the words of the song, and the message that it shares. I felt so strongly that I wanted to share this with you. I don't know exactly who is reading this right now. Whether you are a Christian who is facing a trial in your life, or someone who is lost and searching for Truth.....I want you to know this song was written for you! It brought me to tears today as I listened. My favorite words in the song are "One thing greater than my strife is His grasp..." How true this is! He has been holding me tightly, and I know He will never let me go!

Be sure and click on the song below on the playlist (scroll all the way to bottom of page), turn your volume up....and be blessed!

Trusting and Believing,
Melissa

Hold Fast

To everyone who’s hurting
To those who’ve had enough
To all the undeserving
That should cover all of us
Please do not let go
I promise there is hope

Hold fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He’s come to save the day
What I’ve learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is His grasp
So hold fast


Will this season ever pass
Can we stop this ride
Will we see the sun at last
Or could this be our lot in life
Please do not let go
I promise you there’s hope

(Chorus)

You may think you’re all alone
And there’s no way that anyone could know
What you’re going through
But if you only hear one thing
Just understand that we are all the same
Searching for the truth

The truth of what we’re soon to face
Unless someone comes to take our place
Is there anyone
All we want is to be free
Free from our captivity Lord
Here He comes

Hold fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He's come to save the day
What I've learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is His grasp
So hold fast

13 comments:

Cameron said...

Continuing to follow your journey and praying each day from you. Your post was beautiful. I have not heard that song yet but I am going to listen to it. I have a sick toddler and could use a moment to listen to that song. Thank you for being a blessing to all of us (even those people you do not know). Will keep you close in prayer next week as well. YOU CAN DO THIS with HIM by your side!

Mary

Kristi said...

Beautifully said Melissa. Glad you had an opportunity to worship during a drive. I really like that song too. We will be remembering you all this week in our thoughts and prayers. Hope it goes smoothly, that the chemo fights this cancer and that you feel well. Do you need anything? Much love, Kristi

Jenn said...

That is an AWESOME song. Love you, Sis! Can't wait to see you soon!

A Look Into Our Lives said...

Praying for you.

Hilary

JeffGrow said...

I will be praying for you and the family during this next round of treatment.

Jeff

Darren said...

Thank you for your continued strength which is renewed each day by the awesome God we serve!! May His strength be made perfect in your weakness this week, and in the days to come. We love you, believe in you, and look forward to what God has in store!

lisamichellearnold said...

i love you beyond words. i am so blessed to have you in my life. i am trusting, believing, and holding fast with every fiber of my being.....

Jenn said...

Praying for you now and throughout this week!! Love you!!!

Aspiemom said...

I found you through Hilary's blog. It's amazing the neat blogs you find when you look over a blog you follow and see who they follow!

I hope that this round of chemo goes better and that it helps wipe out the cancer.

Listening to Christian music is one of my favorite ways to lift my spirits. I'm glad yours was ministered to in the car.

in.luv.with.m said...

I just came across your blog, and I wanted to say that I will be praying for your sister and her kids. My mom found out that she had cancer when I was 3, & I know all too well how hard it is to watch your mom go through chemo but not really understand what is wrong. I will be praying for peace for the family. And yes...your sister's story is one that should be told! She sounds like a very strong person.

Amy said...

Hey Melissa! Still remembering you in our thoughts and prayers! ((((HUGS))))

StacyandChad said...

Praying for you this week, Melissa!

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved geniune and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
1 Peter 1:6-7

lyonessx said...

I find that some of my most deep and spiritual moments are as I am driving and listening to music, even when there are kids screaming in the background.
Miss you a lot Melissa, I pray for you, Doug, and the kids everyday. The Lord IS at work in YOU in so many ways. Much love! Christine