Monday, October 27, 2008

The Same Jesus...Then and Now

I recently came across these verses, and they are perfect for my sister right now...

Mark 5:25-29, 34

"And a woman who was there who had been ill for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better, she grew worse.

When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak because she thought, 'If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.' Immediately, the illness in her blood was healed, and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

Jesus said to her--

'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering'."

6 comments:

Beth said...

Halllujah! We serve such an AWESOME God!!!

Jenn said...

Praying for you this morning, Sis!! Praying you're not too nauseous, but most of all, that the chemo is bringing healing to your body! LOVE YOU!!!!!!

StacyandChad said...

Praying that God is surrounding you today! Praying for complete healing for you! I know our God is a God of miracles!! Praying he sends one your way!

Poppa's Friend said...

Christy and I as well as our church are praying for you down here in Bowling Green too! God is with you and is your strength. Let your soul delight in the abundance of His presence! We love you!

jodie strickling morgan said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May the peace that passes all understanding be yours.

Jessie said...

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27
Everytime I thought of you today, this has come to mind. I hope all is well and things are going like they should.