Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Follow-up Scan Results

Missy had another scan yesterday to check the status of her lymphoma. The results did unfortunately show that the tumor in her chest has been growing again. It is not as large as it was when it started, but it has grown almost a centimeter since treatments stopped at the end of August. During treatments, the lymphoma did in fact seem to be responding well, but if the chemo is really doing its job, the lymphoma should still be affected by the chemo now which it is not.

They will have their appointment tomorrow with the oncologist tomorrow at 11:15 to find out his analysis of the results and the present plans for further treatment. From what my sister learned today just on the phone, probable next treatment will he a stronger, higher dose of chemo. That will involve her actually staying in the hospital for five days of treatment, then going home for three weeks for repeated rounds. Again, this plan has not yet been confirmed by her doctor.

Her main concern at the moment is her kids. And still being new in town is not making that part any easier for them. Please pray for her and Doug as this journey continues for them. This was, of course, not the news they (or any of us) were expecting or hoping to hear. Please pray that they will have peace in their hearts, and that the doctor tomorrow will put together a plan that will definitely be effective for the cancer!

I'll give you the definite report from the oncologist when we hear tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for your prayers from all of us!!

11 comments:

sandersfamily said...

Melissa, I met you Sunday night at 1st church when you were talking to Melody. I'm a neighbor to Dawn. I just read thru your blog and I'm very touched. You have been thru so much in the past few months and your faith is so strong. I'm so saddened to hear about your recent news. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are a beautiful hand maiden of God!
Becky

greg mcdonald said...

Melissa--

Kristen, my oldest, was given this site by Jennifer. I pray for you each day and will continue to uphold you to our Father. Please know that I love you and am here for anything you need!

Love,

Charlene

Blaine said...

Melissa, I know that you don't me or my family. But, through what I believe to be God working, I've learned of your story from this blog and your sister. I live in Carmel with my family and I am touched by your faith and strength. You are in my prayers and I hope to soon meet you, as your life has already been a blessing to mine. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to face this time being in a new home and away from all those who love you so much. Your and your family are my husband's and my prayers. Kristina Brown

Melody_Culver said...

Melissa,
This is Melody. I have not stopped thinking about you and your situation since we met Sunday night. Becky shared your blog with me and I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. Cancer turns each of our world’s up-side-down. Without God to carry us through the storms, I know we could not survive. I love the pictures of your family. I hope you find First Church your HOME! There are lots, LOTS of great caring Godly people at First Church. I have gone there for 46 years!...Since I was born except for 4 years at Olivet. Please know my ears are always open to you and my prayers for you will be fervent. Melody Culver...carepages.com MelodyCulverCarePage PS...I e-mailed church yesterday and requested prayer for you. They prayed for you in the staff meeting. As the words to one of my favorite songs..."In my moments of fear, through every doubt, every tear...THERE IS A GOD WHOSE BEEN FAITHFUL..." My prayer is that God holds you so tightly that you KNOW without a doubt He has you and He loves you and He will walk before you and along side of you.

Jenn said...

I love you, sis, and am sooo proud to be your sister!

Geron said...

Melissa,
We've been praying for you every night and are teaching Cora to pray for you as well. Keep holding on to the Lord's promises. He is faithful in all things and will see you through. We love you and will lift your family up in prayer as well.

Geron, Lydia, Cora, and Cohen

lisamichellearnold said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lisamichellearnold said...

i love you and i am beside every step of the way. and, the best part is we do not walk alone! i am so blessed to be your sister.....

Amy said...

Melissa, I will continue to keep you in my prayers daily. God has brought you this far and He is not going to turn His back on you now. Continue to keep your great spirit as you have and all the little details will work themselves out.
Love,
Amy, David & Courtlyn

Spring said...

Missy, You are in my prayers daily. I am saddened to hear of the recent news, but God is faithful to those who hear his voice. We will continue to lift you up in prayer and believe for a complete and total healing. I pray for you that you won't grow weary... "they that wait upon the Lord will NOT grow weary." Hug your sweet babies for me. Your family is so beautiful!! Looking forward to the day when we can look back on this and see it as a very small "bump in the road". Love, Spring.

StacyandChad said...

Melissa,
I know your sister, Jenn from the Stepping Stones forum. I'm praying for you and your family today. May you feel the presence of our mighty God today! I pray he fills you with His peace! I'm claiming Isaiah 41:10 for you and your family today!

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with my righteous right hand.

Praying you feel his hand holding yours today!