Tuesday, October 28, 2008

carry you

hey, friends, family, loved ones, and any other supporters.....it's michelle. i'm here with melissa in her chemo room, spending the night with her. she is doing amazingly well!!! she has been asking her nurses if she should "act" more sickly as she is administered the chemo. this question has brought about some laughter with the medical staff working with her. god is so good. we so appreciate all your concern and prayers.....

melissa is amazing. i have always called her "missy" since she was a baby and still do. she is my sister. i love her. i am blessed to have jenn, too, as a sister and best friend. we come from good stock. our parents, david and martha, are incredible people. they taught us what mattered most in life. the simple things.....faith in jesus, trust, loving family and friends. i look at what melissa has been facing and her response and i'm not surprised in the least. it's the values we were taught as children and the blessing of parents who prayed for us three girls and our futures, come what may......

so, now we are in the middle of come what may. and, we are really okay. we are trusting. we are believing. we are expectant. we are even joyful!!! and, we are definitely leaning on the everlasting arms. sometimes, it seems more than leaning on jesus. there are moments when it seems he is carrying us. i know that missy has felt that way. perhaps, you need to be reminded that jesus can and will carry you through WHATEVER you are facing. we are living proof.....





6 comments:

Will's Mommy said...

Keep up the strength and positive thoughts. I met Jenn online through our similar stories of infant loss. It appears you have an amazing support group around you. Take care and know that even strangers across the country are thinking about you and wishing you well.

Aimee

StacyandChad said...

Keep holding to those truths!! I'm praying for you today!

JeffGrow said...

I just wanted to write and say that I have been praying for you, Doug and the family.

Jeff

Amy said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well Melissa! Keep up those great spirits that you have and we'll keep doing our part. So many people, people you don't even know are praying for you. What an awesome encouragement that must be for you. You are such an encouragement to me!

thethornburyfamily said...

You're whole family is such a blessing to me. I may not see you all very often, but I am priviledged to have you all in my life!!
Give Missy a hug for me!!
Love you guys!
Julie

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Melissa - I'm glad to have these updates on how you're doing. You've been on my mind so much this week, though I hardly know you - I know it's because we have a common bond (cancer) and that God has given us a kindred spirit. Thank you for the opportunity to pray for a new friend.