Monday, October 20, 2008

An Answer to Prayer

I cannot believe I allowed the entire weekend to go by without sharing some very exciting news. A few of our family and friends have known that we have been working on new health insurance, which definitely is something we wouldn't want to do without right now. When Doug completed his residency at the end of June, we were given the opportunity to purchase a continuation on the policy we've had for the past five years. We knew the continuation would only last 6 months, taking us through the end of December of this year. We have been a bit discouraged about this, as we have been told by several people in the insurance business that I most likely would be denied coverage due to my pre-existing condition. (I won't even share all of my thoughts on that craziness...the ones who need it the most may be denied?!) We have not talked about it a lot with other people, but this issue has certainly been weighing heavily on our hearts and minds. I am so pleased to tell you that God has been at work!!! We just learned this past Friday that we do indeed have a new health insurance policy! I made sure my name was listed as part of the family plan, and it was! God has given us an answer to a prayer that we have been seeking....Thank you Lord for taking care of us.

We love you our sweet family and friends!
Melissa

10 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm sooo happy this worked out for you!! Love you all, Sis!!!

Greg McDonald said...

Melissa--

Praising God with you tonight! He truly does take care of His children! I love you and pray for you daily.

Love,

Charlene

Renee said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I am so encouraged to hear this wonderful news!

Derek and Debbie said...

So happy to hear about the insurance working out. The Lord is Good. We continue to pray for you. Love Derek and Debbie

Kristi said...

What a relief I am sure!! What a blessing.

Amy said...

I'm so glad that this worked out for you!!! Just one less thing to worry about!

StacyandChad said...

What a wonderful praise, Missy! Continued prayers for you!

Steph said...

Praise the Lord!

lisamichellearnold said...

he is able! he is able! i know he is able! i know my lord is able to carry me through!!!

i am singing it at the top of my lungs. aren't you glad you can't hear from there?!

i love you, sis.....

Jenn said...

Michelle, I will answer for Miss...

YES!!! :) :)