Friday, September 12, 2008

Update on CAT scan results

For those of you who have been waiting and praying with us this week as we anticipate the results of the scan, I want to say thank you so much. This has been a very trying week, mentally and emotionally. Although we do not have the comparative results yet, we have received the results from scan done on Monday. Just to clarify, the results we really want will be determined by comparing my scan done following two treatments with the scan on Monday following six treatments.

So, I will give you the very simple version, since that is how I best understand anything in the medical world. The scan of my pelvic and abdominal regions are clear of any tumors. Praise the Lord! We were not anticipating anything to show up here, however there is always the concern in the back of my mind of the lymphoma spreading. So, that is wonderful news. Okay, now as far as the main tumor in my chest cavity, there is a considerable amount of shrinkage. Doug actually called my previous doctor in Ohio, since he knows him personally. He read him the results, and asked him his opinion. At this point, we have to determine if the spots that are still showing up are "active" or not. I am hoping after the radiologist is finished with the comparative study, that we will soon know the next step. Whether it is a PET scan to determine if we are dealing with scar tissue or active tumors (I hope I am stating all of this correctly!), or further chemo just to be sure....I am ready to move forward. I am wishing this wasn't a part of my life, but it is. I want to thank you for making this a part of your life, too.

Your prayers and concern are priceless.

Melissa

6 comments:

thethornburyfamily said...

Please know you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers!! I will call you soon. I love you!
Julie

amy said...

Melissa,

Thank you for keeping us posted on how you are doing. I am thinking of you often and just wanted to let you know that even though we don't see you as much as we used to, we are still praying for you and your family every day.

May His grace and peace be with you this weekend as you await further news.

Hugs,
The Perrys'

Amy said...

Melissa, you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to get a more definitive answer soon.
Love,
Amy

Jocelyn said...

Love you all!

Jenn said...

LOVE you sooo much, sis! Praying the best steps will be taken soon, and that you'll feel peace in your heart now and over the weekend!

Katrina said...

Thanks for the update, you have been in my thoughts and prayers!

p.s. Next weekend is the leukemia and lymphoma walk I am walking in... your name will be on my name tag as an honoree! =)