Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Great News Continued!

I am so happy to let you know (much of the happiness also stems from the fact that all three of my beautiful children are napping) that I will not be undergoing any more chemo! I feel the need to say "for now", because a lot still depends on what the follow-up scans show us over the next few months. My doctor is very pleased with the progress the chemo has made, and strongly believes the shrinkage will continue. My body gets a break, and I am so thrilled. It is amazing that the drugs that are used to help cure my cancer and make me well again, also take me through the valley in the process! I am so thankful the Lord is with me even in those valleys!

I will be having a PET scan next month to check on the areas of concern still visible in my recent CAT scan. We will be able to know if there is any more activity in the tumor. Oh, I am breathing a partial sigh of relief...I think I will breathe a complete sigh of relief in a few years from now! I am happy we are in this part of the journey, and I am still trusting the Lord with whatever lies ahead!

Thank you to you my friends...it is encouraging for me to know you care!

Melissa

10 comments:

Kristi said...

What great news! Praise the Lord! Glad you get a break from chemo and will continue to remember you guys as you anticipate the PET scan next month. Hope you enjoyed your afternoon quiet time while the kids napped. :) Love you guys. Kristi

Katrina said...

Praise God! =)

Carrie said...

YEAH!!!!! I am so glad to hear your good news! There is power in prayer and I will continue to pray for you daily! How has your move been? Are you and the kids adjusting well? I hope to talk to you soon! Love you bunches:)

Carrie
PS... want a Cheese Nip? lol:D

Jocelyn said...

Great news for sure!! God is good. After our conversation yesterday, I am happy to hear about the PET scan. I know it will offer some peace of mind.

Love you all and talk to you soon!

Amy said...

Melissa,
That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Amy

liz said...

I am so happy for you. I heard that you are right down the street from me. I would love to hang out if you are up for it. I still have my Dayton cell.

Busy Momma said...

that's wonderful. i'm glad you're doing well.

The Burgess Family said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! SO glad to hear your great news!

kristinbeckholt said...

Missy!!!!
I have wondered and wondered about you girl! My mother had told me that you were diagnosed and I have been praying for your since the beginning of the summer! You are AMAZING and absoulutely inspirational. You always were though.
You know my mom had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She ended up having an Autonomous BMT in Dec of 1999 - it worked.
You hang in there - I've so enjoyed reading this whole blog. What a blessing you are. My prayers are with you each and every day. Much Love,
Kristin (Hartsough) Beckholt

Kelly said...

Melissa-
So glad to hear your excellent news!!! We are keeping you and your sweet little napping family in our prayers. :)

Sending Big Squishy Hugs Your Way!!!