Monday, August 11, 2008

Getting settled!

We're in Indy!

Sorry for the delay in updating you, but no internet yet. I went to their local library to post this.

Everything went well with the closing on Friday. Since then, we've just been trying to do all the basic stuff...clean, unpack, arrange stuff, etc...

There have been lots of firsts for the kids that I'll hopefully be able to post pics of soon, such as first time playing in their own back yard and their first bike ride.

The neighbors have been so friendly and many of them came over and introduced themselves in the first couple days. There are many kids Lauren's and Caleb's age, which has always been fun to see. Lauren and her new friend, Emma, were doing chalk body outlines on the driveway right after meeting each other. That's a sure sign you're meant to be friends if you can do that! :)

I know my sister misses all of you in Dayton!

I will soon be wrapping up my time with her this week. As painful as it was for my husband and I to be apart, my time with Miss has really flown by. It's been crazy and hectic at times, but always good. I'll miss them incredibly!

4 comments:

thethornburyfamily said...

I'm so glad it sounds like things are going well. I've been thinking of you all and praying for things to go smoothly for you all during the move!! I miss ya and will talk to you soon Miss!
Love you!
Julie

The Burgess Family said...

Glad the move went well and everyone is getting adjusted to the new home.

Kristi said...

Sounds like things are going very well with your move. So cute about Lauren and her new friend doing chalk drawings. I'm sure you are all enjoying a little more space, the backyard. Take care of you!

Busy Momma said...

that is so exciting, I have been able to see many of those 'firsts' with my own kids in the past couple weeks and it's amazing! I love being able to take my kids into their OWN backyard!
congrats. hope things keep going well.