Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bring the Rain

Since Melissa found out she had lymphoma, she claimed this song as her life song right now. It's an awesome song by Mercy Me entitled "Bring the Rain." The message in the song is powerful and challenging.

This morning in church, her dear friend Jenny sang it for her. It was absolutely beautiful. It was so moving, that Jenny may have had only two words out before I was pulling out tissues for us.

For my sister, it offered her encouragement. It gave a moment where everything that she's been striving for was put into words, and better yet...words sung by one of her best friends.

"Bring the Rain"
(Mercy Me)
I can count a million times
People asking me how I can praise You
with all that I've gone through.
The question just amazes me.
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You?
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind.
To turn my back on you, oh Lord,
My only shelter from the storm,
But instead I draw closer through these times.
So I pray--
Bring me joy, bring me peace.
Bring the chance to be free.
Bring me anything that brings You glory.
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain,
But if that's what it takes to praise You,
Jesus, bring the rain
I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain.
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain?
So I pray--
Bring me joy, bring me peace.
Bring the chance to be free.
Bring me anything that brings you glory.
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain,
But if that's what it takes to praise you,
Jesus, bring the rain.

No comments: