Monday, June 23, 2008

A Mustard Seed

That's all the amount of faith that you need...the size of a mustard seed. When I came home from the hospital in December, a friend gave me a necklace that had a pendant enclosing a mustard seed. I then bought one for my sister after she was diagnosed with lymphoma. I'm so glad that it means as much to her, as she wanted me to share this with you tonight. No, this necklace does not have magical powers; it's what it represents. It's about the power of faith in our God...that even faith so small is enough to get you through.

"And if you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 17:20

4 comments:

Carey said...

Melissa,
Adorable family! Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us. I've drawn so much inspiration from your blog! We're all praying for you!
1st North still rocks!!
Love ya,
Carey Eash (Clagg)

Rhea Parks said...

Missy,
You still look amazing!!! I just want you to know that we have alot of Nazarene churches praying for you. Also, I wanted you to know that I lit your bag at the Relay for Life ceremony and I have a picture of it. As soon as I get it developed I will send it to you.
Love ya,
Rhea

JoJo said...

Hi Melissa,
I just wanted to let you know that my brother had the results of his PET scan on Wednesday and he is CANCER FREE!!!! Praise God for this miracle!
He has had 4 sessions of chemo and will complete the 12 intended sessions but no other treatment is needed! I will pray your story will be as positive xxx

Mike and Tara Lloyd said...

Melissa,

The computer is fixed so I took some time this evening to visit the blog. Even with the music on... the keyboard is just a little wet.

Haley said, "Mom she is so pretty without her hair"... You do look great... !!! God has truly made you a fabulous woman both inside and out- With or without a head full of hair.

This will be a great site to keep up with, visit,gather prayer requests from and celebrate the praises toghether. Your sister did a great job putting it together.

We love you each so much and we want to remind you that we are praying for the five of you daily. I enjoyed Rhea's comment on the many churches praying... I don't think any of us can imagine the vast numbers of people lifting you up in prayer... but it is truly awesome- after all that's what the body of Christ is all about.

I hope to hear from you soon- let us know if we can be of help.

Tara